Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Splendor in the Grass























Memorial Day is undeniably the kick-off to summer and lazy picnics in the park. I made these picnic napkins a little while back, but have only just started getting some use out of them. The patterned napkins are from Simrane, one of my favorite shops in Paris. (If only they had a website!) All the linens in the store are made from Indian printed cotton with unique color combinations that make me crazy. From napkins to place mats, pillow covers to tablecloths (my next purchase), it's almost impossible for me to make a decision in just one visit.

I lined each of these napkins with light-weight cotton fabric and added pockets for bamboo utensils, which are also reusable. Honestly, I might actually enjoy looking at them more than using them the way napkins are meant to be used... That being said, paper napkins still find their way into my picnic basket.

4 comments:

  1. I love mine! Can't wait to use them for our first picnic this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Address please! For those of us who are leaving for Paris in a couple of weeks . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 23 Rue Bonaparte, in the 6e arr. There are actually two shops right next door to each other. One sells table linens and the other one sells additional things for the home as well as bags, sarongs, etc. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "that being said"... you're really cute. Now can i get these napkins dirty or what?

    ReplyDelete