Sunday, December 6, 2009

Les Toiles du Soleil




























I have been working on 19th Street for almost 3 years now and can't believe it took me almost that much time to discover Les Toiles du Soliel. The shop's saturated provençal colors lured me in and the over-sized bolts of striped cotton canvas held me captive. Feeling overwhelmed with potential projects, I scrawled some ideas in my notebook intending to return when I had an concrete project in mind.

As the holidays started to approach this year, I was searching for a gift idea for my mom and a reason to return to Les Toiles. Knowing that she needed a tote for her knitting projects, I decided this would make the perfect gift-- both practical and a reminder of our family vacations in the south of France.

No comments:

Post a Comment