Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Picture Perfect

Ronak and I spend a lot of time together, but we also spend a good deal of time apart due to his travel for business. As I type, he is on en route to Switzerland, followed by Singapore, Hong Kong, San Francisco and back to New York. He is literally going 'round the world!

Thanks to modern technology we communicate frequently via email, text, phone, skype and the occasional postcard. For this particularly long trip I wanted Ronak to have a physical reminder of home-- a little memento to warm up the cold and unfamiliar hotel rooms.

I made him this portable, bi-fold frame out of heavyweight cardboard, Japanese rice paper, and cotton for the spine. To protect it from wear & tear I sewed a small linen pouch, finished it off with a button, snap and two photos from our recent travels together.

5 comments:

  1. I am sure Ron loves it and will be the first thing he unpacks at each stay. Each day there is one day closer to coming home. The frame and envelope is so beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I am sure he will be looking at every night til he falls asleep, missing you...what a nice thoughtful gift, and so nicely designed & made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sweet and thoughtful! I am sure he loved it and adores it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this gift!!! I'm in Hong Kong right now, and the frame is sitting on my hotel desk smiling at me. Its now a staple to bring on every trip (along with Ted, of course) :)

    ReplyDelete