Friday, June 3, 2011

Keep Calm and Carry All



Ronak and I got engaged in March and spent the whole month enjoying the afterglow and resisting every urge to start planning. Since then we've been taking everything in stride and have made a lot of progress on the wedding plans.

I'm realizing that being organized is a good way to stay calm throughout the whole process. One of my favorite things to do at this stage is gather inspiration and sketch project ideas. I made a carryall to stash wedding related material and I think it will come in handy when I visit the florist, caterer, dress shop etc... The tote is made of a natural-colored linen and lined with a cheerful geometric voile by Anna Maria Horner.  The webbed cotton handles are super sturdy and an excellent time-saving substitute for handmade ones. For a bit of color on the neutral exterior, I top-stitched the edges with bright yellow thread and sewed on a tomato-red vintage button.

1 comment: