Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother Nature









































Terrariums seem to be popping up all over. These encapsulated woodland landscapes are so alluring. I was surprised to see how few components are actually needed to create one: a glass vessel, horticultural charcoal, a bit of soil, a miniature humidity-loving plant, and a spritz of water. I gave this one to my mom yesterday for Mother's Day. It's kind of an experimental gift as I didn't know the answers to "how often do you water it?" and "how long will it stay lush and green?" As I learn more about making terrariums I'll definitely make a point to learn how to maintain them as well.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I think i want to make one too now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make one too!!!! What a beautiful idea! :)

    ReplyDelete